We recommend to bring the following
- A list of names, addresses and phone numbers of those you wish to have involved in your treatment (loved ones, healthcare professionals, 12 step sponsors, etc.).
- Jewelry that you wear every day and consider to be a necessity, like your wedding ring or a watch. Otherwise, leave valuable items at home.
- Your current prescription medication in the original pharmacy bottle with the information label intact. Any liquid medications must be new and sealed. You should also bring a list of all your medications and dosages.
- A small amount of cash (vending machines, etc.).
- Your insurance cards and a form of identification (driver’s license, passport, etc.).
- A calling card (if your facility requires them for long distance phone calls).
- A notebook or journal.
- Stamps and envelopes if you wish to mail letters.
- Pictures of your loved ones to keep in your room or wallet.
- Reading Materials, but Malvern will screen books before allowing them to be brought in. TIP: bring paperback books as they’re easier to carry around than hardcovers.
What Clothing You Should Bring
If you’re unsure about how to pack for the weather, pack layering options, like T-shirts, sweaters, cardigans and jackets. Keep in mind, space in your room may be limited, so try not to overpack.
Bring clothing for seven days, patients have access to a laundry machine at Malvern, and Malvern provides detergent. Be sure to pack clothes that are easy to wash and do not require special care, such as dry cleaning.
Be sure to bring seven days worth of comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing, including:
- shoes: comfy shoes for everyday wear, and flip flops for the shower
- shirts: if bringing tank tops, make sure you also pack sweatshirts in case you get cold from the air conditioning.
- one or two “dressy” outfits for special occasions, like Family Night
- a coat/jacket
- a bath robe
- a belt
- a hat
Personal Hygiene and Beauty Products to Pack
We require all toiletries and beauty products to be completely alcohol-free.
Bring thirty days worth of toiletries and beauty products, including:
- toothbrush and toothpaste
- shampoo and conditioner
- hair styling products (pump hair spray only)
- feminine hygiene products
- shaving cream
If you still can’t find the information you need, call our admissions office.
If I Bring Something Prohibited, Will I Get it Back Later?
If you arrive at Malvern and realize you’ve packed something prohibited, don’t worry! We will hold your items for you until you leave.