We offer some amazing family care here at Malvern. We’ve been in the business of saving and changing lives since 1948. This gives us close to 70 years of experience helping people recover from addiction. Still, we know we’re not the place for everyone. Sometimes families are going to need more, or less, help than we can give them.
With that in mind, find a list of national family support groups, local Pennsylvania support groups, and various other family addiction resources below!
- The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD) Family & Friends page
- Learn to Cope is “a peer-led support network for families dealing with addiction and recovery”
- Al-Anon is a 12-step based support group for people struggling with a loved one’s drinking
- Nar-Anon is a 12-step based support group for people struggling with a loved one’s drug use
- Alateen is a 12-step based support group for young people struggling with a loved one’s drinking
- The Children of Alcoholics Foundation provides information and tips for families affected by substance abuse
- The National Association for Children of Alcoholics provides national and local resources for all members of the family affected by a loved one’s drinking or drugging
- The Pennsylvania Network of Care splash page – pick your county and you’ll find a number of resources for families struggling with addiction
- The Pennsylvania Family Support Network are broadly aimed at preventing child abuse but have a lot of great information about support for family substance abuse issues