Our intensive outpatient drug addiction treatment programs – often called IOP ‘cause intensive outpatient drug addiction treatment programs is a bit of a mouthful – are perfect as either step down care for those transitioning from higher levels or as primary treatment.
Our IOP program allows patients to receive the best clinical care in Pennsylvania without disrupting their daily lives. It’s perfect for professionals, students, or anyone struggling with addiction who simply can’t afford to spend a dedicated period of time in residential treatment. To put it another way – Malvern’s IOP addiction rehab center offers patients the opportunity to practice recovery within the context of their normal lives and daily activities.
Since opening our doors in 1948, we’ve tailored all aspects of our clinical program towards patient success and long-term recovery of mind, body, and spirit. Our Pennsylvania IOP drug abuse treatment centers are the next evolution of this idea. They’re treatment and recovery for the 21st century.
Read on to learn what our intensive outpatient programs look like and how Malvern can help you or your loved one start on the path to recovery today! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us now at 610-647-0330.
IOP Substance Abuse Help at Malvern Institute
What exactly does intensive outpatient drug abuse treatment at Malvern Institute consist of? Well, it goes a little something like this:
- Therapeutic groups meet 3 times per week. Each meeting lasts two and a half hours and focuses on a variety of recovery topics (explored in-depth below).
- Our groups meet during day and evening hours and fit all schedules.
- The primary focus of our intensive outpatient drug addiction program is recovering as a group. Individual therapy if offered as needed but not required.
- Our team of expert Pennsylvania IOP clinicians are the same counselors patients have come to trust during the partial hospitalization phase of treatment.
- We offer extensive case management services, including housing, work, education, legal, and medical help.
While that’s our baseline intensive outpatient alcohol rehab program, we believe in evidence-based care. To that end, each of our patients receives a treatment plan unique to their specific needs and situation. We also offer family sessions as needed. Our patients’ families are invited to immerse themselves in the recovery process and join their loved one in whatever capacity they feel comfortable.
We don't allow patients to be admitted to IOP if they're currently taking Suboxone, Subutex, or any benzodiazepine. We work with all patients to medically detox before entering our IOP program.
Our Philadelphia Area IOP Campuses
Not only do our IOP drug addiction treatment centers offer a flexible and accommodating schedule, but they’re within reach of everyone in Eastern Pennsylvania. We have five campuses situated in and around the Philadelphia area. These include:
- Our Pottstown Campus, in Montgomery County, which offers daytime IOP groups Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9:30 to noon & evening groups Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 5:30 to 8.
- Our Berwyn Campus, in Chester County, which offers daytime IOP groups Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00 to 11:30 & evening groups Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 6 to 8:30.
- Our Trevose Campus, in Bucks County, which offers daytime IOP groups Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00 to 11:30 & evening groups Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 6 to 8:30.
- Our Allentown Campus, in Lehigh County, which offers evening IOP groups Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 6 to 8:30.
Topics Covered in Malvern’s IOP Programs
As the oldest private alcohol treatment center in the country, we’ve learned a lot about how to help men and women recover from chemical dependency.
We bring close to 7 decades of clinical excellence to our Pennsylvania intensive outpatient substance abuse treatment centers. We’ve pioneered a multi-disciplinary and holistic approach to recovery. We’ve been a force in the recovery community since 1948 and we don’t plan on changing that anytime soon.
Specific topics our patients cover in IOP include:
- Relapse Prevention
- Co-Occurring Disorders & Mental Health
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Gender & Age-Specific Issues
- Chronic Pain
- The 12-Steps
- Grief & Loss
- Anger Management & Healthy Emotional Exploration
- Issues Specific to Individual Drugs (i.e. anhedonia related to meth abuse)
- & Many More!
These are just some of the many areas we focus on. The result is a full view of why someone turned to chemicals in the first place and a truly comprehensive recovery in all areas of our patients’ lives.
Admission to Our IOP Drug Abuse Programs
While many intensive outpatient drug rehab patients come to us from inpatient or PHP, that isn’t always the case. An equally large number need the quality care Malvern’s known for, but at a lower level than traditional treatment offers.
That’s where our IOP program becomes not only a good idea – but vital and necessary to recovery.
Admission to our Pennsylvania IOP addiction recovery centers is based on a holistic assessment of the many aspects of our patients’ lives. This includes not only substance use, but social, relational, and psychological factors as well.
After our treatment team determines which level of care is best for you or your loved one, the real work starts. We create an individualized treatment plan in collaboration with our patients, their families, and their referral sources. Our patients’ treatment plans are tailored specifically to their unique needs and addressed in the small groups mentioned above, as well as individual therapy if needed.
In other words – we make sure our IOP patients have a specific plan of action that ensures not only sobriety, but a truly comprehensive recovery in all areas of their life. For more information, or to talk to an intensive outpatient drug addiction treatment specialist, call us today!